Tennessee Department of Economic and Community Development: Site Development Grant
As part of the 2017 Rural Economic Development Fund, Tennessee is investing $10 million in site development grants to aid eligible communities.
This grant opportunity will transform economic development sites to shovel-ready status as part of our nationally recognized Select Tennessee Site Certification program.
- Applicant must be a governmental entity (City, County, Industrial Development Board)
- One application per governmental entity may be submitted
- One application per site may be submitted
- Site must be publicly-owned at the time of application, unless the grant request is to purchase the property or for Due Diligence Studies
- County where site is located must meet all ThreeStar annual requirements.
- Sites must have gone through at a minimum the site visit by Austin Consulting (Foote) for the Select TN certification program, the site visit and evaluation by Austin Consulting for PEP or the site visit by KPMG for the Invest Prep program
- Sites with open SDG projects are not eligible to apply
- Construction Activities
Access roadways, acceleration/deceleration/turn lanes, traffic signalization, rail lines/signalization/switching, utility line construction/relocation including electricity, water, sewer, gas and telecommunications
- Property-Related Activities
Purchase of property, right-of-way, easements, legal fees, tree/vegetation clearing, grubbing, grading, drainage improvements, detention/retention ponds, due diligence studies
Maximum grant amount: $500,000
Maximum grant amount for Due Diligence Studies: $100,000
Maximum grant amount for High Impact Grants: $1,000,000
- Tier 1 50/50
- Tier 2 70/30
- Tier 3 90/10
- Tier 4 95/5
- Applications are due December 1, 2017 by 4:30 PM CST
- Letters of Intent are due November 10, 2017 by 4:30 PM CST
- Short list of applicants notified in February 2018
- Applicant presentations in Nashville in March 2018
- Project Awards will be announced in April 2018
- Begin consultation with applicants who do not receive an award in May 2018
- Award contract will be issued in May 2018
- Projects must be completed in 18 months
Click here for more information!