In October 2013, Memphis Area Association of Governments executed a contract with the Tennessee Department of Environment and Conservation and the Tennessee Historical Commission to provide professional services relation to the preservation of historic resources within the MAAG region of Tennessee: Fayette, Lauderdale, Shelby and Tipton counties.
MAAG historic preservation services include National Register nominations, Section 106 reviews, assistance with historic zoning commissions and certified local governments (CLGs), grant writing for the Federal Historic Preservation Grant, historic surveys, and regional historic preservation planning outreach and training.
Memphis Area Association of Governments – Historic Sites Map
MAAG’s interactive historic preservation map highlights historic sites within the MAAG region. Learn about historic buildings, structures, districts, and sites listed on the National Register of Historic Places.
- Tennessee Historical Commission
- Tennessee Historical Commission Information Packet
- Ten In Tennessee Endangered Nomination
- Tennessee Plan for Historic Preservation
- Investment Tax Credit Program
- Tennessee Historical Commission Section 106 Review
- Local Government Assistance
- Tennessee Preservation Trust Toolkit
- Arkansas Preservation Program
- Arkansas Grant Program
- Rehabilitation Tax Credits
- Arkansas Historic Preservation Plan
- Arkansas Section 106 and Compliance
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History
- Project/Section 106 Review
- Request For Cultural Resouces Assessment
- Mississippi Department of Archives and History Grants
- Historic Resource Database
- National Register of Historic Places
- Technical Preservation Services
- Secretary of Interior’s Standards for Rehabilitation
- Preservation Briefs
For Historic Preservation assistance and more information contact Mike Landrum at 901-729-2871.